Your one-stop shopping page for services provided to Avery Point faculty by the Academic Center.
1) Faculty Requests
The Academic Center provides assistance for various brief tasks, depending on tutors’ availability.
- Make photocopies—1 for you or 50 for your whole class—single side to double side, stapled…we are copy machine pros.
- (note: we cannot make multiple copies of material protected under copyright—please use the library reserve system for protected material)
- Need a PDF? We can do your scanning for you (please note that for copyrighted material, we can only scan 1 chapter per book [or 15%, which ever is greater] and scans are solely for personal/professional use).
- Color Printing…yes we can! (not en masse, but for flyers, pictures, and charts–no problem!)
- The Academic Specialists (graduates) can run off copies of your test for you.
- We can design course flyers for your upcoming course (please allow time for our creations, and vetting the ideas through you).
- We can start a film for your class and then return at the end to pick up the film. Please note that our tutors cannot substitute nor proctor.
- Need that perfect picture of Melville for your Power Point? We can get that for you via the web.
Please give us at least three weekdays to complete your request.
Please use the below Faculty Service Request Form.
2) Tutor Class Visits
We are more than happy to schedule a visit to your class and outline all the services we can provide to your students. Our Tutor Class Visits are 5-10 minutes and can be scheduled throughout the semester…whether weeks 1 or 2 when students are just beginning, or as a refresher during mid-terms or before that big paper. Our tutors will explain our tutoring and group study options. You may ask for a return visit later in the semester if you want to keep your students connected with us. Please use the below form to schedule a visit to your class.
3) In-Class Workshops
Over the years, the Academic Center has developed some informative and innovative workshops to help your students with key concepts. We have workshops on thesis development, organization, peer-review and more! Please click on this link to see our offerings: Available Workshops
Please note, the workshops are not a substitute for class; the instructor must be present for any workshop.
4) Syllabus Collection
All instructors are required to provide a syllabus for their students. At Avery Point, we collect the syllabi in our server–this helps students who transfer to different universities, as well as instructors who are new to teaching a particular course that has been taught in the past. Please use the below form to submit your class’s syllabus–one syllabus for each section you teach. The form allows multiple attachments so you only have to fill it out once
5) Feedback Form
Do you have any comments or suggestions? Do you feel there are improvements to be made? Problems to be addressed? High fives to give? Please fill out our feedback form. It can remain confidential or you can add your e-mail if you would like us to contact you with follow-up.
Please do not hesitate to contact us 860-405-9201.
Have a fantastic semester!
Rebecca, Sarah, Marlee, Alex, and the Academic Center Tutoring Staff